The second edition of the World SummitDestinations for All will take place in Brussels, October 1-2, 2018, under the auspices of Kéroul and CAWaB. The aim of the event is to give concrete expression to the World Tourism Organization (UNWTO) Recommendations on Accessible Tourism.
The first edition of the Summit was held in Montréal in October 2014 and wrapped up with the adoption of the A World for Everyone declaration.
Available in 10 languages, this declaration features 40 specific measures for implementing the UNWTO Recommendations on Accessible Tourism globally and locally. It is a veritable plan for action on the local, national and international scales to promote the accessibility of infrastructure, buildings, tourist services as well as transportation services.
This is an excerpt from an article originally published by Global Accessibility News.
Global Accessibility News
Latest posts by Global Accessibility News (see all)
- ABTA signs up to the Roundtable for Human Rights in Tourism – 16/04/2018
- 2018 African Responsible Tourism Awards finalists announced – 16/04/2018
- New IUCN Guidelines on Tourism and Visitor Management in Protected Areas – 16/04/2018
- Dominica’s hurricane recovery efforts boosted by voluntourism program – 11/04/2018
- White Men in Suits at ITB panels (part 2): Time to tackle the lack of diversity at tourism events – 06/04/2018